Please find below a list, with links, of all the guidance produced by the ECDC on COVID-19 since the last Weekly Digest update that was sent on 26 February 2020.
We are constantly assessing the need to update existing, or produce new, guidance in light of recent developments. Please get in touch if you feel there is something you would like us to consider.
Please forward this widely to others you feel would benefit.
- Risk assessment: Outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2): increased transmission globally – fifth update:
What is new in this risk assessment?
- Updated epidemiological data;
- Description of cases and transmission reported in the EU/EEA and the UK;
- Findings on disease and transmissibility;
- Risk to the healthcare systems in the EU/EEA and the UK;
- Risk to citizens from the EU/EEA and UK travelling or living in areas with presumed community transmission;
- Risk of widespread and sustained transmission in the EU/EEA and UK in the coming weeks;
- Options for preparedness and response; including a proposed change in case definition.
- Resource estimation for contact tracing, quarantine and monitoring activities for COVID-19 cases in the EU/EEA:
- Checklist for hospitals preparing for the reception and care of coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) patients: https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/publications-data/checklist-hospitals-preparing-reception-and-care-coronavirus-2019-covid-19
- Guidance for wearing and removing personal protective equipment in healthcare settings for the care of patients with suspected or confirmed COVID-19: https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/publications-data/guidance-wearing-and-removing-personal-protective-equipment-healthcare-settings
- Q & A on COVID- 19: https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/novel-coronavirus-china/questions-answers
- Dashboard- COVID-19 situation worldwide (interactive map): https://qap.ecdc.europa.eu/public/extensions/COVID-19/COVID-19.html
- Situation update worldwide, which includes data updated daily at 08:00 CET: https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/geographical-distribution-2019-ncov-cases
- Weekly Communicable Disease Threats Report for 23-29 February, week 9, which includes an update on 2019-nCoV: https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/publications-data/communicable-disease-threats-report-23-29-february-2020-week-9
- Infographic on novel coronavirus including basic information about the virus, symptoms, prevention and transmission: https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/publications-data/infographic-novel-coronavirus
- COVID-19 Micro learning for public health professionals: https://eva.ecdc.europa.eu/totara/catalog/index.php?catalog_cat_browse=16005&orderbykey=text&itemstyle=narrow
ECDC has a dedicated page with all scientific advice publications in the link below: https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/coronavirus/guidance-and-technical-reports
All ECDC’s situation updates and background on COVID-19 can be found here: https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/novel-coronavirus-china.
In light of the rapidly evolving situation, we have decided to update our risk assessment COVID-19 daily. This daily update can be found on the ECDC website, here: https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/current-risk-assessment-novel-coronavirus-situation.
- WHO- China joint mission on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/who-china-joint-mission-on-covid-19-final-report.pdf
- WHO situation reports: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/situation-reports/
- EU Healthy Gateways: Interim advice for preparedness and response to cases of the 2019-nCoV acute respiratory disease at points of entry in the European Union (EU)/EEA Member States (MS): https://www.healthygateways.eu/Novel-coronavirus
Important Peer-reviewed publications:
- Bordi et al, Eurosurveillance, 27 Feb, Differential diagnosis of illness in patients under investigation for the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2), Italy, February 2020
- Okada et al, 27 Feb, Early transmission patterns of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in travellers from Wuhan to Thailand, January 2020
- Guan et al., N Engl J Med, 28 Feb, Clinical Characteristics of Coronavirus Disease 2019 in China
- Winichakoon et al, Negative Nasopharyngeal and Oropharyngeal Swab Does Not Rule Out COVID-19
- Kam et al, Clin Infect Dis, 28 Feb, A Well Infant with Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) with High Viral Load
- Wu et al, Clin Infect Dis,29 Feb, Clinical Characteristics of Imported Cases of COVID-19 in Jiangsu Province: A Multicenter Descriptive Study
- Cai et al, Clin Infect Dis, 1 March, A Case Series of children with 2019 novel coronavirus infection: clinical and epidemiological features
The WHO also provides information and guidance on the outbreak of novel coronavirus, here: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
PHE Technical Team